We've listed some of the ways you can volunteer below. However, if you have special skills to offer, please call us so we can discuss how you can best use your talents to help our patients.
- Volunteer Van Drivers
- Help pick-up outpatients receiving chemotherapy, dialysis, radiation therapy, and other outpatient appointments. To fill this role, you must have a current drivers license and automobile insurance and pass a physical exam. Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, or 12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m.
- Information Desk Volunteer
- Help patients and visitors with information and clinic locations. Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, or 12:00 noon - 4:00 p.m.
- Parking Lot Golf Cart Drivers
- Help outpatients in our large parking areas with access to the medical center. To fill this role, you must have a current drivers license. Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, or 12:00 noon - 3:30 p.m.
- Volunteer Office Assistant
- Help different medical or administrative offices in the medical center. Duties include filing, answering phones, and greeting and directing patients. Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, or 12:00 noon - 4:00 p.m.
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Help the inpatient pharmacies with medication deliveries throughout the medical center. Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Volunteer Menu Assistant
- Help patients located in the Spinal Cord Injury Service with selective menus. Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Popcorn Volunteer
- Serve popcorn to inpatients, outpatients and staff, Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Patient Escort Volunteers
- Provide assistance with pushing patients in wheelchairs to their scheduled appointments. Open hours.
- My Healthe Vet Volunteer
- Assist veterans with My Healthe Vet computer program. Open hours.
- Amenity Relief Volunteer
- Assist and support nursing staff on inpatient units providing amenities and special attention to patients as needed. Open hours.
- Magazine / Book Cart
- Sort donated magazines and books, and take the cart to designated waiting areas. Open hours.
- Mail Room Assistant
- Complete mail room projects and deliver mail to medical center departments. Open hours.
Volunteer or Give
Voluntary Service Office, Temple
Building 162, Room E121
254-778-4811, extension 40739 or 254-743-0739
Voluntary Service Office, Waco
Building 90, Room B1B108
254-752-6581, extension 53594 or 254-297-3594