Central Texas Veterans Health Care System (CTVHCS) strives to always provide the highest quality of care to the veterans of our nation who call CTVHCS home. We recognize there may be times when a patient or family member has an issue which requires our attention. Because the best time to let us know of any concern or question is at the time it happens — so we can resolve it as quickly as possible — we have established several programs to assist you.
No matter which service you visit when you come to CTVHCS, you will always be able to find one of our many service partners. The service partner can address and resolve your concern at the point of contact.
Central Texas Veterans Health Care System has highly-skilled patient representatives in several locations who are eager to help you with your concern in a timely manner. Patient Representatives —
- serve as liaisons between patients and the medical center
- act on the patient's behalf
- help patients understand their rights and responsibilities
Patient Representative locations:
- Temple, Building 204, Teague Hospital, Room 1J18, 1-800-423-2111 (Toll Free within Texas only), extension 40586 or 254-743-0586
- Waco, Bldg 4, Room BA170, 1-800-423-2111 (Toll Free within Texas only), extension 55333 or 254-297-5333
- Austin, Room 105, 1-800-423-2111, (Toll Free within Texas only), extension 46683 or 512-389-6683
- Brownwood, 1-800-423-2111, (Toll Free within Texas only), extension 58607 or 325-641-0568
- Bryan/College Station, 1-800-423-2111, (Toll Free within Texas only), extension 58429 or 979-680-0361
- Cedar Park, 1-800-423-2111, (Toll Free within Texas only), extension 58025 or 512-260-6023
- Palestine, 1-800-423-2111, (Toll Free within Texas only), extension 58213 or 903-727-2413
You may also contact the Patient Advocates by Email
Patient Feedback Tools
We also have a number of feedback tools for you to provide information about the care and service you receive. Please take the time to participate in and use these feedback tools. Our goal is to provide compassionate, quality care in a timely manner.
Speak to the Director Boxes
Your feedback about the care and services you receive while in the medical center provides us an opportunity to make changes and improvements. There are 'Speak to the Director' boxes with comment cards located throughout the medical center for you to express a concern, make a suggestion, or give a compliment.
During your stay, you may receive a 'quickcard'. This is a short patient satisfaction survey asking for feedback about your perception of the care you are receiving.
You may answer your quickcard anonymously, or you may provide your name and contact information if you would like us to contact you about the resolution of any issues.
Survey of Healthcare Experience of Patients
After your visit, you may receive a confidential questionnaire in the mail asking you about your most recent outpatient or inpatient treatment at our medical center.
Please use the survey to let us know of any concerns, complaints, or questions you have about your care, so that we can resolve them. We also appreciate compliments about what we are doing right.
This is a four-minute training film which reminds VA employees that how they approach returning Vets can make a critical difference in whether those Vets choose to receive VA benefits. The video conjures common stereotypes about VA and stresses that many of today's Vets are looking for a reason to walk away from the Department. To view more Section 508-compliant videos visit: http://www.va.gov/opa/videos/.