Veteran Health Education
Veteran Health Education will provide appropriate health education to patients and their families. Health Education is provided to bring about changes in the knowledge, beliefs, or behavior of patients or their families, to improve or maintain their health, to enhance skills and coping abilities, and empower them to make informed decisions and take an active role in the patient's health care. For questions or concerns please contact Veteran Health Education at 1-800-423-2111, ext. 40433.
Click the Calendar Link to
View Scheduled Classes.
- Goal is to provide information about cardiovascular disease such as main types, risk factors, management strategies, and lifestyle modifications.
- Goal is to provide information about diabetes such as disease process, risk factors, complications, diet, and exercise.
Kidney Disease Education
- Goal is to provide education on prevention and management of Kidney Disease
New Patient Orientation
- Goal is to provide an overview of the Central Texas Veterans Health Care System
- To request a copy of New Patient Orientation Information Folder and/or DVD please contact Veteran Health Education at 1-800-423-2111, ext. 40433
Pre(vent) Diabetes Education
- Goal is to provide information on the prevention of diabetes.
- Goal is to provide information on control, reduction, and management of stress and anger.
- Goal is to provide information on complications and discuss symptoms of withdrawal, strategies to quit, and medications.