June 1, 2012
The Health Fair Friday, June 1, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Avenue of Flags in front of the Olin E. Teague Veterans’ Medical Center, located at 1901 Veterans Memorial Drive in Temple.
The Health Fair is open to Veterans, their families and VA staff. Services offered at the fair will include cholesterol checks, blood pressure checks, and blood sugar testing.
In addition, educational information will be available on many VA, state, and national programs including:
|• My HealtheVet
• Federal Women’s Program
• Patient Education
• Organ Donation/Dialysis
• Texas Veterans Land Board
• Central Texas Vocal Aces Toastmasters
• Central Texas Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure
• VA Voluntary Service
• Medical Foster Home Program
• Community Residential Care Program
• American Red Cross
• Killeen Heights Vet Center
• Research Program
• Veterans Benefits Administration (Waco office)
• Texas Veterans Commission (Services & Disability Claims)
• Women Veterans’ Health Program: Information on Mammograms etc.
|• MOVE! Program
• VA Chaplain Service
• VA Homeless Program
• Blind Rehabilitation Program (Waco)
• Blacks in Government
• VISN 17 Network Advocates
• Suicide Prevention
• Hospice/Palliative Care
• Women’s Trauma Recovery Center
• Austin Vet Center
• Mobile Vet Center
• Care Giver Support Program
• Cedar Park Clinic
• Million Veteran Program
• Meals on Wheels
• Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom Program
• Staff Enhancement, VA Employee Association
The event is free and open to the public. Media are invited to attend. For more information on services at Central Texas Veterans Health Care System, see www.centraltexas.va.gov.
Media wishing to attend should contact Deborah Meyer at (254) 534-0304.