Central Texas Veterans Health Care System
Accreditations and Achievements
Central Texas Veterans Health Care System has made great strides in performance measure improvements for the past two years.
- At the end of the Third Quarter for Fiscal Year 2011, the health care system met or exceeded 95% of their performance measures.
- At the end of Fiscal Year 2010, the health care system met or exceeded 93% of their performance measures.
- At the end of Fiscal Year 2009, met or exceeded 75% of their performance measures.
Accreditations and Certifications:
- The Joint Commission Accreditation (Hospital, Long-Term Care, and Home-Based Primary Care)
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF):
- Spinal Cord Injury,
- Medical Rehabilitation,
- Wellness and Vocational Rehabilitation Enhancement
- Homeless Programs
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Comprehensive Cancer Center (American College of Surgeons Commission on Canter)
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- American Association of Blood Banks
- Blood Bank is FDA Registered
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Research Accreditation
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs, Inc. (AAHRPP)
- American Board of Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics
Recognitions and Awards:
- Central Texas Veterans Health Care System received the Silver Recognition from the VA National Center for Patient Safety Cornerstone Recognition Program for Fiscal Year 2009 and in Fiscal Year 2010 received the Gold Standard Recognition.
- The Central Texas Veterans Health Care System’s Health Care for Homeless Veterans Program captured the VA Secretary’s Award in November 2009 for its efforts and work in Central Texas to help end Veteran homelessness. In October 2010, the program was recognized by the state of Texas with the Annual Texas Homeless Network Award.
- In September 2010, Central Texas Veterans Health Care System was selected by the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) as the Disability Employer of the Year for our area.