Central Texas Veterans Health Care System
New Medical Residents/Fellows scheduled to rotate at Central Texas Veterans Health Care System
Please follow these detailed instructions prior to beginning your rotation:Human Resources Management Service (HRMS) VA In-Processing Instructions for New Residents, Fellows and Medical Students: Open this link and ensure that all steps below are followed prior to reporting to HRMS. “NOTE FOR FINGERPRINTS: You should complete your fingerprinting when you submit your application to Education; however, you are required to make an appointment with HRMS to complete fingerprinting. To schedule your fingerprinting appointment please call 254-743-0048 or 254-743-1378. HR will not accept walk-in’s for fingerprinting.”
- Self Study Guide: Read the guide. Complete the Post Test questions on pages 24 -27. Complete and sign page 28
- Application for Health Professions Trainees-VA Form 10-2850d: Complete ALL blocks. If something is Not Applicable, put N/A. Review your application and make sure all items are answered. Any gaps between residency and/or employment, must be explained. Before you can rotate at CTVHCS, this form has to be signed by VA Officials. Be sure to sign pages 3 and 4 and return all 4 pages with this packet. Please Note: If you have a medical degree from an international medical school, please send a copy of your ECFMG Certificate. Any foreign national or naturalized citizen will be required to present proof that they may work in the United States. Appropriate documentation would be a current or extended Visa or Naturalization Paperwork. This should be submitted with the application.
- Declaration for Federal Employment Form 306: Complete all blocks
- Fingerprint Check:Complete all items and sign
- Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS): This training must be completed prior to rotating at CTVHCS. The Service ADPAC will give you CPRS Training that applies specifically to your program. http://www.vehu.va.gov/vehu/cprs_training.cfm. Please allow 6-8 hours to complete this course, as it consists of 27 sections, each with 30-60 slides that include narrative and interactive activities
- VHA Mandatory Training for Trainees: In order to train at VA, you are required to complete a mandatory training program titled VHA "Mandatory Training for Trainers". This training is available through the VA Talent Management System (TMS). Click here for"Step-by-Step Instructions". Please follow these instructions. After reading and or printing instructions, you must self-enroll and create a profile at https://www.tms.va.gov/plateau/user/login.jsp. Once you are at the website, follow the steps to create your profile, launch the mandatory training course (do NOT click on Privacy and HIPPA Training) and complete the content prior to your coming to the VA to begin your clinical training. Once completed, you will need to print a copy of certificate and send with your application packet to address below. If you have any questions, or if you have rotated at another VA, please contact us.
- With Out Compensation (WOC) for Residents paid under Disbursement Agreement. Please select your designated facility, print form, enter your home address, sign and return with application packet.
- Baylor Scott and White
- UT Dell Medical School - Seton Health Service
- PIV Requirement: Homeland security now requires a PIV Card to log in to the computer system that includes certificates through a microchip to allow access to private information. Please complete VA Form 0711 and include with your application packet.
- Remote Access: Once computer access is obtained and verified by your service ADPAC please follow the instructions within this policy to gain access to our VA Systems remotely. You will need to complete the paperwork electronically found in the link within the document and include your current certificate of completion for the Mandatory Training for Trainees form. Remote Access Policy and Instruction
- VA Temple Map
Your application must be completed and received by the Education Office at least 6 weeks prior to your rotation. Due to Privacy and Security reasons do not send electronically.
Angela Durham, Administrative Officer (AO)
Education Service (14)
1901 Veterans Memorial Drive
Temple, TX 76504