Central Texas Veterans Health Care System
- Rx Refill Shipment Notification Email - You must update your profile under the Personal Information Tab and include a email address.
- Secure Messaging - Restored Delete Button
- “Health Summary (VA CCD)” Rebranding
What is My HealtheVet? An online Personal Health Record that empowers Veterans to become informed partners in their health care. We encourage you to register online with My HealtheVet in order to access your secure VA health information. Access is easy and convenient anywhere, 24/7, where an internet connection is available.
This site is designed to help you become aware of the features within My HealtheVet; access and navigate your health care information conveniently without having to visit the Release of Information office.
- Basic: Provides limited, self-entered access to features in My HealtheVet.
- Advanced: A higher level of access that lets you refill your VA prescriptions and look at your VA Vitals and Allergies data online.
- Premium: For VA Patients. It provides the highest level of access to Veteran patients' health care information.
This requires your account to be authenticated.
- A will be displayed in the Member Login box after your name.
Contact your Primary Care Team or My HealtheVet for more information to upgrade your account to the premium (authenticated) account.
Secure Messaging - Communicate electronically with your clinical teams
If you use Secure Messaging it is to be used only for non-urgent, non-life threatening communication. If you have an urgent or life threatening issue, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Your decision to use Secure Messaging is voluntary and does not affect your ability to contact your facility directly to speak with your health care provider. Normally, you will receive a reply to your message within 3 business days. For urgent care matters or a faster response is required, call your health care provider or visit your VA facility. Please do not send a message to a team other than the team that should respond to your inquiry. If you don't have the option to contact a team, do not send a message to another team, contact that clinic by phone or the My HealtheVet Coordinator at 254.743.0100. Secure Messages may be screened by administrative staff before being forwarded to a health care provider.
When you use Secure Messaging, you are expected to follow certain standards of conduct. Violations may result in being blocked from using Secure Messaging. Unacceptable conduct includes, but is not limited to:
- Using Secure Messaging for urgent or life threatening issues
- Sending threatening messages to a care provider
- Using profanity or harsh language
- Using Secure Messaging for communicating non-medical issues
- Sending an excessive number of Secure Messages
VA Blue Button
VA Blue Button feature offers the Veteran the ability to download information currently in the Veteran's My HealtheVet account. This functionality benefits Veterans by improving the quality and accessibility of their health information. By using the Blue Button feature, Veterans can view, print, or download their My HealtheVet personal health information as a PDF, text file, or .bluebutton output file. It can also be saved to a CD or flash drive. There are two options.
- VA Customized Blue Button. The VA Blue Button is simple, safe, and reliable. You can view, print or download all of the personal health information currently available in your My HealtheVet account. Having this information to share with people you trust may help you better manage your overall health. This is the option to use to see your doctor's notes, since January 2013, (VA Notes), Electrocardiogram (EKG) studies, immunizations, laboratory results as well as other VA medical data contained within your VA electronic health record.
- VA Health Summary. Is a Health Summary of the Veteran’s essential health and medical care information in an xml and pdf file format. It uses recognized standards that support the exchange of information between non-VA health care systems and non-VA providers for effective continued care of the patient. You will find a short demonstration video in the Resource link section on this page.
All links and information on this page are provided as helpful hints to use My HealtheVet successfully.
The My HealtheVet You Tube video marked with * is not endorsed or sponsored by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Olin E. Teague Veterans Center, Temple
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm