Central Texas Veterans Health Care System
Current PGY-1 Residents
Veronica Fassio PharmD
• BS Human Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, 2010
• PharmD, The University of Texas at Austin & The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2014
• PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Program, Central Texas Veterans Health Care System, 2014-2015
Area of Interest: Healthcare Outcomes & Analytics, Primary Care, Drug Information, Academia, Research
Biography: I have completed rotations in Inpatient Pharmacy, Anticoagulation, Primary Care, and am currently on my longitudinal Pharmacy Benefits Management rotation. Thus far, I have enjoyed each rotation and every preceptor has inspired me to practice evidenced-based medicine in a patient-centered and cost effective manner. Pharmacy aside, I enjoy traveling, being a foodie, and spending time with my family.
An Mai, PharmD, MBA
• BS, Biology/Baylor Interdisciplinary Core - Baylor University, 2009
• MBA, Texas Tech University - Rawls College of Business, 2013
• PharmD - Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, 2014
• PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency, Central Texas Veterans Health Care System, 2014-2015
Area of Interest: Ambulatory Care, Home-Based Primary Care
Biography: I’m proud to be a pharmacy resident at Central Texas VA! The mentors and colleagues at CTVHCS are exceptional. I greatly enjoyed Outpatient Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefits Management, and Primary Care-Cedar Park. I look forward to future experiences in Oncology, Cardiology, TeleHealth, HPBC, and many more. My goal is to become a VA Clinical Pharmacist and serve our veterans. Outside of work, you will find me bargain shopping or/and chasing down food trucks.
Arohi Desai, PharmD
• BS Biology, University of Houston, 2010
• PharmD, Texas A&M University College of Pharmacy, 2014
Areas of interest: Internal Medicine and Management
Biography: Residency so far has been challenging and rewarding. I knew since high school that I wanted to be a clinical pharmacist; this residency is providing me the experience, knowledge, and confidence to achieve this goal. I enjoy working in the family like atmosphere in the pharmacy department at CTVHCS. I am interested in pursuing a PGY2 in Administration. In my spare time I like to travel, cook, and watch TV.
Leah Rickert, PharmD
• BA Psychology – Purchase College, SUNY in Purchase, NY, 2003
• PharmD – University of Houston College of Pharmacy, 2014
• PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Program, Central Texas Veterans Health Care System 2014-2015
Area of Interest: Mental Health, Pain Management
Biography: I worked on an inpatient dual-diagnosis psychiatric unit prior to pharmacy school and enjoy working with patients with anxiety disorders and prescription drug abuse. I plan to pursue a PGY2 in Mental Health and eventually BCPP certification. I enjoy teaching and hope to find a position in the future that will allow me to be affiliated with a college of pharmacy. In my spare time I’m usually baking, especially in the fall during apple and pumpkin season.